Followers

Thursday 19 January 2012

Sleeveless Dresses Style

Style801 presents Sleevesless Dresses
We are in the throes of a southern summer here, with temperatures in the humid 90s and no relief in sight.  I’ve been avoiding my sewing room because the central a/c couldn’t keep up, but finally yesterday I broke down and bought a window unit air conditioner to supplement on the 3rd floor.  Last night I went to attach the lining to my current project, and realized that I hated the instructions.  You’ve seen them – the sort of lining instructions that call for handsewing part of the lining to the dress.  I don’t think it looks very professional to sew part by hand, part by machine, so I used this technique, which I first learned for my Rooibos dress.  It’s like a magic trick – it doesn’t seem like it would work, but it does!  I hope this helps someone out  - lining a sleeveless dress is super easy this way (and it works with facings too!)








No comments:

Post a Comment